Friday, November 18, 2011

Clean-up on Aisle 6

Shopping is awesome sometimes. Tonight...it was me and Andrea...off to Joann to find fabric for her quilt. We found almost everything we were looking for in about 10 minutes. Amazing. Then we found some sweet wood Christmas ornaments that were exactly what I was looking for...24 of them. Andrea found some mini muffin papers that she needed...there was just scoring all around. Then we decided to stop at Old Navy. This is where the clean-up really happened. Madi's cousins both got cute gray dresses for the upcoming family picture, so when I told the Madster she got to wear pants and a shirt for the picture, she was not pleased. Not at all pleased. She wanted to wear a pretty dress like the other girls. So that's what I was looking for at Old Navy. And can I just tell you that usually if I am looking for something specific, I never find it. Or I find it and it is in the wrong size? Not tonight. So here's what I found: Grey SUPER cute dress for Madi, check. Equally cute white and grey shirt for Audri, check. Perfect blue shirt for Madi for our other family picture, check. Darling white headband for Audri, check. White flip flops for Madi, check. Sweet grey yoga pants for me that fit perfectly and make me look awesome, check. All of this stuff on clearance, check! Coupon for $30 off a $60 purchase provided by Andrea, CHECK!!! Grand total for all this stuff: 36 and some change! I love a successful shopping trip! Now go blow some cash on stuff you don't really need (but get a good deal so you can feel justified)! I give you permission! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy this is a good post. From the title, I was expecting you to tell about how you guys went to the store, with all the kids... Disaster. But that's awesome! Old Navy has some pretty good sales sometimes! I'm excited to see all the family pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I thought the same as Lor. I was imagining that time Kaeli knocked a bottle of mayo off the display at the grocery store and it broke. I'm glad you found so much stuff at Old Navy. You've helped restore some of my lost hope in that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Navy is a gem. Sometimes. I'm super glad this story had a happy ending. I kept reading, expecting to get to the disaster part of it but it never came. I also am glad you are supporting me in my need to blow some cash. I shall do it today!

    ReplyDelete