Monday, September 26, 2011

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

I heard once that the most common day/time of the week for people to have heart attacks was monday morning...because most people would rather die than go back to work after the weekend. I don't know if that's true, but lots of people hate Mondays. I am not one of those people. Monday might be my favorite day of the week. There are several reasons why I like it. It is definitely my most productive day...I work the hardest and feel the most accomplished. It is cleaning day... I do laundry, and try to clean every room in the house. I got the idea of a "cleaning day" from one of my old college roomies (Marlyce). She blogged about her cleaning day once a few years ago and I thought it sounded good...and monday seemed like a good day for it since our house usually gets the messiest over the weekend. I must admit, I don't clean it perfectly every week, but I try...and it feels so nice to actually have most of your house clean at one time...even if it only stays clean for a couple of hours. Then I don't get so stressed out about how trashed the house gets sometimes since I know it will all get cleaned again on Monday. This also makes my weekend more enjoyable, since I don't worry about doing chores on saturday when I would rather be playing! Monday is also the day I regroup after the weekend...I recommit to all my goals (to-do lists, exercise, eat better or whatever) and basically start over. And it certainly doesn't hurt that monday night is also soup night...so dinner is really easy to plan/prepare. The list could go on, but I've got some laundry to fold! So here's to the coolest day of the week...Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your ambition about Mondays is impressive! I concur, Monday is a good day for all those things. Soup night sounds good too. What kinds of soup do you have? I think I would run out after like 2 weeks of soup night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny that you posted this today. Earlier today (like 7:30 this morning) I heard myself say, "Ohhhh it's definitely a Monday." Nothing was working. I was frustrated with everyone at work and their lack of working. Usually Mondays and I get along. It's Wednesdays that I have to watch out for....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jules, you need to get on board for soup night! There are tons of soups you can make...and most are super easy! I make baked potato soup, broccoli cheese, homemade chicken noodle, minestrone, several variations of taco soup, zuppa toscana (like at olive garden), moms potato soup, chicken and sausage gumbo, southwest vegetable, beef and black bean, chicken tortilla....do you want me to keep going? ;)

    ReplyDelete