Sunday, October 9, 2011

Let me get this straight...

Once upon a time I got a perm. (And by "once" I mean several times in elementary school and junior high and I hate to admit it...but once in high school).  My hair was curly, curly. Everybody got a visual? Good. Well once I realized that perms give you goofy looking, high maintenance hair, I stopped with the perming and for several years I had easy to manage, naturally straight hair. Then I got a few years older, had a couple kids. And then the weirdest thing happened--suddenly my hair decided to just curl on its own. No one asked it to curl. It was not chemically encouraged to curl. It just did it all by itself. And I'm not talking about beautiful, Madi-style natural curls. I'm talking goofy, uneven, why doesn't that girl own a straightener, curls. How did this happen?? I'm not sure, but all I know is I can't seem to stop mother nature's vindictive fury (and neither can you). So, I'd just like to thank everyone for the straightener I received for Christmas a couple years ago--I actually looked presentable at church today.



3 comments:

  1. Yay! I had a perm once too... Mine is worse though because mine wasn't in the 80's or 90's. (That narrows it down, doesn't it?)Anyway, you're welcome. (welcomewelcomewelcomewelcome, welcome welcome....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! This post and Kaeli's comment just made my day. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I remember the perm days... Poor Kaeli. And Cynthia, I wanted curly hair because you had curly hair... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete