Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Not cut out for the circus

I used to have skills. Acrobat skills. Balancing skills. And yes, I once had juggling skills. But not anymore. Sadly, many of my brilliant and useful circus talents have vanished. Today while I was trying to entertain a friends' kids I broke out the tennis balls and tried to prove I've still got it. Well. I don't. Who was with me the day I decided to learn to juggle? I remember we were hanging out at Mom's work in AF and she had this giant box of stress balls in her office. They were dark blue and green and looked like little replicas of the earth. After an hour or so of playing dodge ball up a flight of stairs with them, I decided they would be good for juggling. So I spent the next couple of hours trying to figure out how to juggle. I was surprised that it wasn't that hard once I got the hang of it. Eventually I became quite good at it. One summer while I was in Texas, I bought a pack of tennis balls and would juggle while counting to 100 every night before I went to bed--just for the heck of it. Today I couldn't even count to 10 without dropping a ball! So, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows I won't be running away to join the circus anytime soon because all I would be good for is cleaning up after the elephants...if you know what I mean. Guess I'm gonna need a new fall back just in case the wife/mom/quilter thing doesn't work out for me. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ha! That's the best thing I've heard all day. I remember trying to juggle oranges in mom and dad's living room. Was that not you? I also find it quite funny that you would practice every night in Texas. Keep at it and then post a video! I'm sure it can't be that hard to relearn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juggling is hard. I didn't know that you could really do it back in the day though. I remember you learning how. I am impressed that you had the patience to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what's this? A new blog?!? I tried to learn how to juggle before I went to Taiwan. Juli, that was me with the oranges in the living room. Cynth, I had no idea you figured out the juggling mystery! I never did figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheesh you are a GREAT blogger...but then I should have known that. I have really enjoyed your quilts AND your blogs.

    ReplyDelete